Monday, September 6, 2010

Taking care of your feet

After long hours at work, after running around in high heels or just not too comfortable shoes, we all get achey feet and we just want to lie down and rest, right? Well, yes. But aside from just simply elevating my feet, I feel best if I give my feet a little pampering. Naturally, I do not have time for this every day, but I try and do this at least once a week, so that my feet are nice and happy and continue to serve me though the long work hours.

So, how do I pamper my feet? Well, let me elaborate, with pictures of course. If you don't want to see my feet, feel free to not read this post. Yeah, I know my feet are kind of gross in the first picture - this is why they need to be taken care of, right?

After a full day of standing on my feet, my toes and the bottoms of my feet are not only aching, but looking horrid:


So it is time to pamper my feet and let them relax and rest, so they can survive yet another day of the same thing. For that, I use this foot bath thing that belongs to my mother. I believe you can get one of these for about $20 at Target or Walmart. To be honest, I am not sure where this one is from, but I recently saw some for fairly cheap. If you don't want to get one, you do not have to. Simply fill a container that will fit your feet with warm water and soap and put your tired feet in:


A foot-scrubber, however, is a must. When you get a pedicure, they will take care of your calluses for you, but when you do it at home, make sure you have a foot stone. Don't rub it too hard - just enough to soften your feet. Mine has a brush on the other end, so I can brush the dirt away. This little guy came in a set of bath supplies and was fairly cheap. No need to get a fancy expensive one:


A sponge that will be more on the harsh side, for exfoliating and getting rid of dead skin around your feet. This is not necessary, but I just like the feel of my skin after I use it:


Now, soak your feet in the bath for about 7 minutes, remove cuticles from your toenails, shape your toenails into the shape you want and remove the old nail polish if you have any. Use the foot stone on your heels and the balls of your feet, until your foot is smooth and feels nice. Feel free to use any soaps you like or any skin products. Dry your foot afterwards and see the result:


After the awesome treatment, I like to put aloe or lotion on my feet to keep them soft and hydrated. This time, I chose aloe. I also use Vaseline brand lotion, but whatever you have handy and love will work just fine:


Last but not least, put some socks on. They will keep your feet moisturized and the lotion will not be rubbing off on the floor and in your shoes/slippers. Now is the time to sit on a couch or a bed with your TV remote or a book and enjoy your time off. Keep your feet up and let them rest. I like to keep my socks on overnight, so that when I wake up, I have soft and clean feet and can start the day fresh:


I hope you guys are doing well and are taking care of yourselves. Its getting colder and colder and we wear more and more close-toed shoes, warm boots etcetera that make our feet dirty and not breathing. Give your feet a well-deserved rest at least once a week. You will feel better, I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment