Monday, October 11, 2010

Review: Harlot Cosmetics

[Sponsored]

I have been hesitating on writing this review, because right before Harlot Cosmetics, I tried out another mineral brand that turned me off of mineral makeup for a while. Then the pretty colors from Harlot Cosmetics seduced me and I thought that I would give them a try.

And look at all the pretty colors:


The 10g jars are $6 each and full of product:


Summer Dusk, Hotsy Totsy, Purple Passion, Chea &Evil, Blue Velvet, Beach Babe, Spike, Charging Sky, Tease, Cupcake [without primer]:


Shiny [without primer]:


And pigmented [without primer]:


I was happy to find out that the eye shadows were pigmented, well blended, beautiful colors and stayed on for 4+ hours.

The first time I wore them, I went out for about 4 hours and when I came back, they were still as beautiful and bright as they were when I first put them on. Given, I did use eyeshadow primer, so that may have enhanced them a teensy bit.

The colors are fairly grounded, yet bright - they are very wearable and quite easy to blend. There is a nice variety, but it feels like something is missing - I wish that they had some matte colors, to use alongside the shimmery ones.

Overall, I was quite happy that I did end up trying them - they brought me back to using some mineral makeup. Also, it makes me quite happy, since Harlot Cosmetics are a small brand, their products are quite amazing.

Would I purchase the shadows? Yes, but I would prefer if they added some non-sparkly shadows and possibly their own primer.

Interested in finding out more? Visit Harlot Cosmetics and look over their stuff for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment