Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Review: Creamery Creek Soap

[Sponsored]

I love baths. Which leads me to love bath products - bath bombs, salts, bubbles, and of course, soaps.
Personally, when walking by a store like LUSH, I sway a bit because of the overwhelming scent of their bath products. I love scented products, but most brands on the market are way too much for me.

I came across Creamery Creek Goat Milk Soaps and was absolutely ecstatic when they offered to sponsor my review. At 6oz - 6.5oz, these soaps retail at $5 each and last for a very long time. I received the batch of soaps to review a couple of months ago, and decided to go through half of each bar before reviewing them. I then realized how long that would take me and settled on using a quarter of each bar before deciding whether I like them or not.

Before I go any further into detail, the website advertises these soaps as "Natural, Cruelty-free, Vegetarian, Environmentally friendly and Completely handcrafted." And they are just exceptional at making these bars!

The package arrived extremely quickly, in a cardboard box, packaged very well. One can tell that the owners put great care into their product and how they transport it:


The package contained four full bars of soap, a tester size of another scent, a couple of business cards and their credo:


The scents I received were Bulgarian Rose, Grapefruit, Strawberry and Lavender Oatmeal, and a sample of Love Spells:


First of all, the scent is divine - it is not too harsh, nor is it quickly fading. It lingers about the bar, but does not stay once you put your soap away back into your soap tray (at least that is where I keep my soaps). My favorite scent out of the ones I was sent is Strawberry. It smells somewhat like a milkshake, or strawberries and cream, which would make perfect sense. It's almost good enough to eat~

Second, the soap feels amazing on the skin. It's creamy, moisturizing, nourishing and smooth - perfect for dry to medium skin. I am not sure how it would feel on oily skin, so if you have used it, please let me know. After bath or a shower, I don't necessarily need to use lotion anymore (I generally do anyway, because I like my skin moisturized), as the soap leaves a nice feeling right after and lasts for quite a bit.

Third - they are an amazing price for the amount you get. The bar is $5 and lasts for over a month, even if you use it every single day. And for this quality soap, I believe it is way worth it.

My current favorite is the strawberry bar. It has tiny strawberry seeds, that feel gently exfoliating to the skin and leave me feeling very fresh and clean for the rest of the day.

Would I buy these soaps? Yes, as a matter of fact, I am planning a purchase of another Strawberry bar, and try the Green Tea one. Which one would you guys pick? Let me know :3

No comments:

Post a Comment